BUENA REGIONAL BOARD OF EDUCATION –
NOTICE OF PUBLIC BUDGET HEARING AND SPECIAL MEETING
The Buena Regional Board of Education will hold a special meeting on Tuesday, May 2, 2017 at 7:00 p.m. in the Buena Regional High School Library, 125 Weymouth Road in Buena to conduct a Budget Hearing and adoption of the 2017-2018 school district budget and consider any other matters that may come before the Board. Action will be taken.
Pasquale Yacovelli, Board Secretary
Due to recent changes to Powerschool the login and password for parents must be recreated. Some of you have already completed this process so you will not need to do it again. For those of you who have not yet created a new account since the start of the school year please follow these directions.
1. The Students Schedule that was sent home with your child will have the information for the parent access id and parent access password that you will need to create your account.
2. Please go to the BRMS homepage the Parent Rescources.
3. Click on the Powerschool link then click create an account.
4. Follow the simple steps, remembering to fill in YOUR parent access ID and PW under your students name in link student accounts. This is on your student's schedule that was sent home. It is Case Sensitive.If your child is a Jr. or III please make sure that is also put in when you enter the student's name
5. Fill in the information for each of your children and hit the return button
This is a time delayed process so once you complete the process please allow the system time to update. Once the process is done it will follow your child each school year.
Any questions or concerns please reach out to your child's guidance counselor
Once you are logged in to view your child’s teacher quarter grades, comments or assignments for any marking period will be displayed.
To find these for each quarter, go on the left hand tab called Navigation, then click on grade history. You can see your child's grades that have been archived, then click on the percent in blue you will see the teacher’s comments for that class.
Another way you can see your child’s comment is under the navigation tab, click on the teacher comments tab, then changed the reporting term to the Quarter you wish to view. The comments will appear for the quarter you have chosen.
If you are looking for the current marking period information just click on the grade that appears on the main PowerSchool Page when you log in. When you click on the grade you will see your child's assignments for the marking period that you have chosen.
The BRSD recognizes the important role that a family structure plays in the education of every child. District family night will occur the last Wednesday of each month when school is in session. On these dates students will not have academic responsibilities such as HW so families can spend time together. THE BOE sincerely views parents as partners in the educational journey and are thankful for each of our BRSD families.